First, a few meatball pointers: I prefer to use the pre-packaged meatballs found in the frozen section at the supermarket. If you prefer, to make your own, by all means, please do so, just be sure to cook them before putting them in the crock pot. If you happen to be opposed to meat, please feel free to substitute meatballs for soy versions.You will need: Meatballs
Water 1. Brown meatballs in skillet.
2. Place meatballs in crockpot on high heat.
3. Add barbecue sauce to meatballs, until 3/4 covered.
4. Add water until meatballs are just barely covered.
5. If you have spice to add, add it now.
6. Let cook, covered, for 1 1/2 – 2 hours on high, stirring once per 20 minutes of cooking time.
7. After 2 hours, take it down to low heat to keep warm. Ready to serve when meatballs are heated through and sauce has cooked down.