First, a few meatball pointers: I prefer to use the pre-packaged meatballs found in the frozen section at the supermarket. If you prefer, to make your own, by all means, please do so, just be sure to cook them before putting them in the crock pot. If you happen to be opposed to meat, please feel free to substitute meatballs for soy versions.You will need: Meatballs
Herbs and Seasonings
Water 1. Brown meatballs in skillet.
2. Place meatballs in crockpot on high heat.
3. Add enough spaghetti/tomato sauce to cover meatballs. (I usually buy any brand of spaghetti sauce, and dress it up with herbs)
4. Add 1/2 cup of water to the sauce (this prevents burning, and allows the sauce to be able to cook down.
5. Add spices to your liking. (I usually use oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram & garlic salt.)
6. Let cook, covered, on high heat for 11/2- 2 hours on high heat, then take it down to low to keep warm. Stir occasionally. Ready to serve when meatballs are heated through & sauce has cooked down.